Whew. That’s a long-ass title. But there are so many good things in these, I couldn’t decide which to showcase.
So many blogs put some story here to talk about their day and why they decided to make the recipe. I don’t know, I don’t think you need that context. Here are the important things I do want to include:
- I used what I had. You can totally throw in additional nuts, dried fruit, seeds, etc.
- This made 12 bars in a 9×9 pan
- They’re fucking delicious
No-Bake Protein, PB, and Gogi Berry Granola Bars
- 1 c. quick oats
- 3/4 c. roasted almonds (whole or chopped)
- 1/4 c. almonds (sliced) *this isn’t necessary, but I had it, so I threw it in as filler
- 1/4 c. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (Ghirardelli are recommended)
- 1/4 c. chia seeds
- 1. c. sunflower seeds
- 2 T. vanilla protein powder
- 2/3 c. nut butter (peanut, almond, sunflower—whichever you choose)
- 1/2 c. raw honey (or agave nectar)
- Dash of sea salt
- 1/4 c. gogi berries
- Mix oats, almonds, chocolate chips, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, and protein powder in large bowl.
- Add nut butter, honey, and sea salt. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Add gogi berries and stir.
- Line 9×9 pan with parchment paper (leave some on the edges to use as “handles”) and press mixture in. Cover with more parchment paper and use a flat object to press and even out top.
- Place in freezer for an hour to harden (or 4 hours in the refrigerator).
- Remove from chilling, remove from pan, and cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator (in an air-tight container with parchment paper between layers).